Full day cycling the back roads through sleepy countryside to visit the temple of Rolous, the first major capital of the Khmer Empire. Travel the back roads through little-seen villages where children will greet you. See how shadow puppets are made and enjoy a shadow puppet show using traditional folk stories before hopping back on your bike.
- Private Tour
- Daily Departure
Angkor Cycling Tour full day
8:30am. Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel then start take a bike ride through the countryside to visit to the Rolous group of temples. The cycle is mainly on dirt tracks. On the way we pass small villages with lots of friendly children. Stop to watch seasonal activities like rice planting and harvesting, and try local snacks.
Or try your hand at traditional games like Khmer football (sai). Explore the Rolous Group of temples which represent the remains of the first major capital of the Khmer empire, and are the earliest site of the 600 year Angkor period that is open to visitors. The three temples in the site are: Bakong, Lolei, and Preah Ko. Bakong was constructed in 881 and is the principle temple in the Rolous group. Lolei is a four towered temple built in the centre of what is now a dry water reservoir.
Visit a not-for-profit organization which supports disadvantaged youth in the area and teaches them the traditional art of shadow-puppet making (from leather), and watch a shadow puppet show. Eat a delicious Khmer lunch and have a rest in a hammock before cycling back to Siem Reap. Total distance cycled around 35 - 40 km. Tour finishes at 5:00pm at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Remark: Children must be over 8 years old if want to take part in the Cycling trip!
Tour Cost included:
- Meals as mentioned in the itineraries: Cambodia traditional food, Asian Food basic.
- Good mountain bikes, including pick-up and drop-off at hotel.
- English Speaking Tour guide. Other languages on request.
- Bottled water during cycling.
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- All taxes & services charge.
Tour Cost Non Included:
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
Your currency: ($)
- Number in Group
- Validity until 31st of December 2015 Price per person in US$ in party of
- US$ 144
- US$ 86
- US$ 69
- US$ 59
- US$ 48
- US$ 43