Bat Trang Ceramic Village:
On the left bank of Hong river and about 10 km from Hanoi in East (in Gia Lam District, Hanoi), there situated a pottery village, which is the most famous and long-standing pottery village in Vietnam for its name of Bat Trang. Up to present, Ba Trang Pottery Village has still been operating and developing ceaselessly. According to a legend, the village was first called as Bach Tho Phuong before its name was changed into Bat Trang Phuong. People in the village remember in their memory that the place of their origin Bo Bat Village (or called Bach Bat Village), Yen Mo District, Ninh Binh Province.
Dong Ky Carpentry Village:
Dong Ky was at one time known as the ‘firecracker village’. Prior to 1995 (when the Government banned fire crackers) there was always a firecracker festival in Dong Ky. A competition for the loudest firecracker once resulted in the building of a gargantuan 16m long firecracker.
With the firecracker industry now extinguished, the village survives by producing beautiful traditional furniture inlaid with mother-of-pearl. If you wish, you can have handcrafted furniture custom-made here and exported directly to your address abroad. Arranging the payment may prove a bit tricky if you are leaving Vietnam before the final product is produced and shipped. Dong Ky is 15km north-east of Hanoi.
Bat Trang Ceramic Village - Dong Ky Carpentry Village Tour full day
8:30am. Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi, driver to Bat Trang, the famous village is situated approx 15 outside of Hanoi, surrounded by fertile farmland. Watch the artisans forming, painting and glazing their products, which are then baked for several days in huge kilns.
12:00pm. Lunch at local restaurant!
1:30pm Proceed to Dong Ky, the famous traditional wood carving village, Watch carpenters forming, carving and polishing wood products, making decorated pictures by snail, oyster shells. Taking photos & book some wood products by shipment if you like!
Return to hotel at 4:30pm. Finish the unforgettable trip at your hotel!
Tour Cost included:
- Meals as mentioned in the itineraries: Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic.
- Private transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at hotel.
- English Speaking Tour guide. Other languages on request
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- All taxes & services charge.
Tour Cost Non Included:
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
Your currency: ($)
- Number in Group
- Validity until 31st of December 2015 Price per person in US$ in party of
- US$ 107
- US$ 65
- US$ 49
- US$ 40
- US$ 35
- US$ 32
- Hoa Lu - Trang An Grottoes Tour full day
- Perfume Pagoda Tour full Day
- Halong Bay Cruise full day
- Hanoi City Tour full day
- Hoa Lu Tam Coc Tour full day
- Duong Lam Village - Viet Ancient Village Tour full day
- Tay Phuong and Thay Pagoda - Van Phuc Silk Village Tour full day
- Bat Trang Ceramic Village - Van Phuc Silk Village Tour full day