The Mekong River is one of the world's 10th rivers in its river length and has great influences upon nature and societies of the Indo-china Peninsula. The name "MEKONG" originate in Thai language, Mae Nam Khong1). The source of the Mekong River is in Tibet mountains and is called Dza Chu River (River of Rock). After running through very narrow valley paralling Yangz Jiang and Salween River, the Mekong reaches to Yung-Nan Province of China and is called Lancang Jiang (Turbulent River).
Via Golden Triangle, the crossing of China, Myanmar and Laos boarder, the Mekong flow into Vientiane Plain. The term, Lower Mekong means downstream segment from the point.
There are some notorious rapids for French navigation plan in colonial period before the Mekong get to Cambodia, and the last segment is the Mekong Delta in Viet Nam, which distributes grate influences to agriculture, especially paddy fields there.
Mekong Delta Cai Be Market Tour full day
7:30am. Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Depart for Cai Be, stopping to take photos in Tan An town overlooking the picturesque flat rice fields. On arrival in Cai Be, take a motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels. Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation. Keep cruising to Vinh Long through a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta.
Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Arrive in Binh Hoa Phuoc village, the green pearl of Vinh Long town, where you can immerse yourself in nature. Enjoy a lunch of fresh river food served in the heart of the garden accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
Take a delightful walk through the bonsai garden. Meet the driver again in Vinh Long. Return to Ho Chi Minh City. Tour finishes at 5:30 pm at your hotel.
Tour Cost included:
- Meal as mentioned in the itineraries: Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic.
- Private Transfer including pick-up and drop-off at hotel.
- Private Boat trip to visit Cai Be Floating Market & Mekong River.
- English Speaking Tour guide. Other languages on request
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- All taxes & services charge.
Tour Cost Non Included:
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
Your currency: ()
- Number in Group
- Validity until 31st of December 2015 Price per person in US$ in party of
- US$ 165
- US$ 94
- US$ 75
- US$ 59
- US$ 54
- US$ 45